Friday, May 20, 2011

Prayer to the Creator

Oh Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is discord, let me sow union,

Where there is hatred, love,

Where there is despair, hope,

Where there is darkness, light,

Where there is doubt, faith,

Where there is sadness, joy.

Lord, let me seek not to be understood,

But to understand,

Not to be loved, but to love,

For it is in consoling that we are consoled.

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.

It is in giving, that we receive, and

It is in dying, that we rise to eternal life

with thee.

- St. Francis of Assisi

* * * * *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude for Lessons

I'm grateful for the lessons on Earth. Many of my lessons in life were valuable because they opened me to other perspectives. In 2009 I ...